It’s a modern world we live in.
What it’s ALL about/
I’m already and expert- what’s with the mentor?
Please, because it’s not relevant.
Let’s go. Life-long professional musician, getting serious about playing the trombone. This is the story….
- Shut up. No talking, coughing, throat-clearing, make no audible noise while the music is playing. Just sit quietly, in the present, and feel the groove.
- You may talk quietly between songs, if the musicians aren’t saying anything to the crowd. (Jazz players don’t banter with the crowd, should not be an issue)
- No phone or other device usage. No texting, no photography, recording of any type.
- Nod your head in time with the music, even if you aren’t listening.
- Never turn your back on the stage.
- Do not shout out requests.
- If the music sounds bad, remember, its just your ignorance of the idiom, not the musician’s fault. It may be over your head, just don’t let on.
- Do not approach players between sets, give them space, they don’t want to hear about your cousin who plays guitar in a rock band.
- Clap politely after songs, don’t over-do it, it comes off fake.